IH Partner Camps & Centers
/ IH Partner Camps & Centers
If you are a non-profit camp or center for individuals with special needs in the State of Texas, and wish to partner with the annual IH Awards program, please review the below instructions.
To request consideration to participate as an approved camp or partner organization please see the requirements listed below and contact us directly. The Inspiring HANDS Awards board evaluates requests for future funding consideration at its August board meeting. Please contact us no later than August 1st of each year if you seek funding consideration for the following year. Consideration will only be given to camps and centers that meet the Campership / Ridership Award eligibility requirements listed above.
Camp / Partner Organization Eligibility Requirement Considerations
- Must be a registered non-profit organization in the State of Texas.
- Must complete the downloadable short questionnaire.
- Must provide a filed copy of IRS Form 990 and upon request thereafter.
- The organizations intent is to provide an experiential/ educational program to an unknown group and infinite number of people. The camper/rider is the benefactor.
- The benefit to the camp or center is secondary to benefit to the camper / rider.
- The public charity, Inspiring HANDS, is solely responsible for the final selection of the recipient camper / rider and distributions of funds to the camp or center on their behalf in a tax-exempt fashion.
- Funding is restricted to use for tuition scholarships only for individuals that experience financial and special needs based on the criteria set by the camp or organization. Inspiring HANDS Awards support may not be used for a camp/ center or parent non-profit’s general operating fund, nor for capital improvements.
- The camp or center agrees to define by their requirements the qualification of the applicant(s) to attend as well as their need for financial assistance. A representative of the camp or center shall sign off acknowledging such on each Camper or Rider’s application prior to submitting them to Inspiring HANDS.
Award committee members use this information to evaluate and select for funding a group of high-performing non-profit camps / centers that demonstrate sound fiscal management and expertise in serving youth affected by poverty and/or disability.
Contact Melissa Kenney, Programs Director for Inspiring HANDS, Inc. MelissaK@inspiringhands.org
For a list of 2017 approved Camps CLICK HERE
For a list of 2017 approved Equestrian Centers CLICK HERE