Campers and Riders –
2018 Applications will be accepted Nov 1, 2017-Mar 15, 2018.
Please review this page in its entirety prior to downloading and submitting an application
Applications are accepted November 1st through March 15th of the following year. Campership / Ridership applications will be reviewed in the order received by the Inspiring HANDS’s Board of Directors and considered on a case by case basis by the Selection Committee. Recipients will be notified by May 1st of each year. Awards are paid directly to the Camp or Center on behalf of the camper or rider. The 2018 annual Awards shall not exceed $895.00 per year for a Campership or $880.00 per year for a Ridership per qualified individual. Only one award per calendar year per recipient.
Prior To Submitting Application to Inspiring HANDS, please review the below requirements
- Applicant must reside in Harris, Montgomery, Liberty, Chambers, Galveston, Brazoria, Fort Bend, or Waller County, Texas to qualify.
- Applicant must have already applied to, and been approved to attend, an approved partner camp or center of the Inspiring HANDS Awards program for the year the award will be distributed. See links below for an approved list.
- Applicant must meet the approved camp or center’s enrollment and financial need requirements
- Complete and submit application to the camp or center for review and signature by their approved representative prior to submitting to Inspiring HANDS
- Camper or Rider / Parent or Guardian must complete the application and write a brief explanation as to a need for the award and why they should be chosen.
- Parent / Guardian as well as a camp authorized representative must sign the application confirming parent approval and camp or center eligibility .
- Email completed Campership / Ridership application to Inspiring HANDS at Awards@inspiringhands.org
- Application for Campership / Ridership are only accepted between November 1st -March 15th of the following year.
- Recipients will be notified by May 1st of each year.
- In the event that the camper/rider does not attend the camp or center, for any reason, as indicated in their Inspiring HANDS award application, funds shall be returned by the camp or center to Inspiring HANDS allowing consideration by the directors for further distribution to additional applicants.
Important to know!
The essay portion of the application accounts for over 60% of the decision process. Please be sure to include as much information in regard to the applicants special and financial needs as well as any other circumstances that you feel should be considered. Additionally, a photograph is not required, but greatly appreciated. Please attach the photo in jpg format when submitting your application.
Applicants must reside within the following counties to qualify for consideration for an award
Approved Partner Camps of Inspiring HANDS
Currently accepting campers and riders age 5-99+
For a list of approved partnering Camps CLICK HERE
For a list of approved partnering Equestrian Centers CLICK HERE
Click Below To Download The Application Form